Friday, September 16, 2011

Wax Crayon Craft!

With preschool starting next week (we are a little bit of a later start over here) for Molly, we are starting our back to school crafts to get ready for Monday!

We saw this fun craft over at Funny Days A to Z, and had to give it a try. First we hot glued crayons to the top of a white canvas.

Then we used a blow-dryer on the hot setting to start heating up the crayons.

Molly loved helping with this part, she was SO excited for them to start melting!

Here is what they looked like when they started melting! SO cool, but messy. I'm glad at the last minute I decided it would be a good idea to do this on the deck!

Once the crayons were heated up and started melting, the canvas filled up pretty fast.

Here is Molly's finished masterpiece, ours may not win any awards for looks, but it sure was fun!

3 comments:

  1. Cool! I have thought about doing that project! :) Now I know to do it outside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this idea!!! Think I might need to try it :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! So happy you gave it a try! I am planning on doing a smaller one for Maddie's kindergarten teacher.

    ReplyDelete