Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

 I hope everyone enjoyed celebrating the 4th!

 
We had a great day, and survived the extreme heat here to head to an outdoor family reunion!

 Molly had a fantastic time making "new" friends, (since she doesn't remember anyone from last year).

 I made these fun fruit kabobs I saw the idea for at Weelicious, the kiddos loved them.  You just slide blueberries onto a bamboo skewer or wood stick.  Then top with a piece of watermelon cut out with a star cookie cutter.  Love them!

I also made these Jell-O Firecrackers from Jell-O.  They took awhile to make, but were actually pretty easy.  And I think pretty stinkin' adorable.  I quick took a picture because I was nervous they would melt in the heat, but they got nabbed up pretty quick.  :)

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the food ideas. and I must that that Molly looks so old and grown up in her picture. Happy 4th!

    p.s. can you email me the link to sign up for the race in August? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the fruit kabobs for our party tonight, thanks for the great idea! But I didn't have a star cutter like I thought I did, so I used a heart. Still looked cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly is getting so grown up!! I hope you are doing well! It's been a while since I have talked to you!

    ReplyDelete