Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Good old fashioned Tracing!


I am always looking for easy, fun ideas to keep the kids busy during the Summer so I thought I would pass along one my girls enjoyed! The other day I was running out of energy to plan something, so I decided to bring out some paper and coloring books and see if the girls liked tracing.  I was surprised how much they LOVED this activity.  Molly spend almost 45 minutes on it.  

Since we don't have a light table or anything fancy, and I didn't even have tracing paper, here is our quick alternative.  I had them find a picture they liked out of a coloring book and then taped it onto the slider so the light would shine through it.  Then put a piece of white computer paper on top of it and start tracing.  Even Nora loved trying!  I am definitely adding tracing paper to the shopping list.

1 comment: