Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Painted Wood Sign!

After falling in love with the idea for this sign over on Pinterest, I looked everywhere for one to hang in our bedroom. Since they were all way more than I was willing to pay, I got to work planning my own version.

It was so quick and easy, I don't even have pics to show the progress. Basically, I picked up a thin square pine board at Lowes for $4, and cut it down a little to make it the size I wanted and rectangle. I used black acrylic paint to paint the board. I thought about stenciling the letters on, but wanted the painted look, so I ended up just tracing my own letters on and then painting them with a good old paint brush and offwhite paint by hand. I was going to put a clear top coat on to protect it, but since I'm not to worried about it getting worn, and I was in a hurry, I skipped that step. :)

I LOVE how it turned out, it is exactly what I was picturing in my head. I'm still considering distressing the edges a little bit. What do you think?

Ta Da! Here is my finished wall art for less that $5. Not perfect by any means, but perfect for us!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I like it the way it is but if you wanted you could give it a worn look.

    ReplyDelete